We have so many things happening at RiverPoint UMC. Below is a copy of our detailed calendar.
- March 7, 14, 21, 28 – TBYT – Our TBYC (Take Back Your Temple – A Christian Healthy Eating & Wellness) group meets at 9:30a for weigh in and Bible Study. Please contact Vickie Ehresman or Amy Disbrow for more information.
- March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 – MENS BREAKFAST CLUB – On Sunday mornings starting at 8a, at KT’s restaurant on Suder Ave, a group of our men join together to have breakfast and “solve the world’s problems” so to speak! All men are invited to join this group! See Kevin Duncan or Dave Harmon for more information.
- March 7th – LENTEN RETREAT – An Ecumenical Lenten Retreat is planned for March 7th, from 9a through 1p. The retreat is called “Permission to Pause: Listening Deeply During Lent. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast refreshments and Lunch. Call Point Place UCC at 419.726.7390.
- March 9th –FREE COMMUNITY MEAL (5 – 6:30p) – Our Free Dinner this month will be a boiled dinner. There will be smoked sausage, boiled cabbage, carrots, potatoes, grilled onions, bread and butter, beverage, and brownies for dessert If you can make a pan or two of Brownies, please see Liz Tanesky at church.
- March 15th & 22nd – CANDY MAKING – Whoever is willing to come, we are making candy to sell at the Spring Fling Craft/Vendor show on March 28th. We will be making molded candy on these Sundays starting at 1p. Come have some fun and help make candy.
- March 16th – LEADERSHIP TEAM MEETING – The Leadership Team Meeting is a special meeting with Rae Lynn Schleif. This meeting is mandatory for the Leadership Team and the chairpersons of all committees. This meeting is open to all the congregation.
- March 19th – CHICKEN PAPRIKASH PUBLIC DINNER – We will again be holding our Chicken Paprikash Public Dinner for $11. It will be from 5p to 6:30p. Invite you family, friends, and neighbors! If you can help let Sheila or Lisa know.
- March 21st – Red Cross Blood Drive – From 1p to 5:30p we will be hosting the Red Cross for their Blood Drive. Please call the Red Cross to make your appointment. Blood is desperately needed!
- March 28th – SPRING FLING CRAFT/VENDOR SHOW – From 9a to 3p we will be hosting a craft/vendor show. There will be lots of crafters and some vendors available, so you are able to look at their goods. Also there will be homemade candy for sale! Lunch will be available from 11a to 1p. Come and join us for a day of fun and good shopping opportunities.
PALM SUNDAY (APRIL 5):
10 am worship service where we celebrate the triumphal entry of Jesus to Jerusalem and also remember the passion of Jesus in the Holy week ahead.
HOLY THURSDAY/MAUNDY THURSDAY (APRIL 9):
Our service on Holy Thursday will start at 7p. It will be a service with hand washing and Communion. We will be remembering the Last Supper Christ had with His disciples.
GOOD FRIDAY (APRIL 10): On Good Friday the people of Point Place will meet at the Lighthouse at 11a for our Annual Cross Walk. We will process with the Cross down Summit Street, stopping at different churches for a brief time of contemplation.
On Good Friday there will be an Ecumenical Service with PP United Church of Christ, Church of the Nazarene, CrossPoint, and RiverPoint UMC taking place at RiverPoint in our Courtyard and starting at 6:30p. This service is a wonderful chance to remember the events of Good Friday with our brothers and sisters in Christ.
EASTER MORNING SERVICE (APRIL 12):
On Easter Sunday morning at 10am we will Celebrate our Risen Lord through Scripture, song, and message! Come and join us as we Celebrate. Starting at 9:30 am we will have a lite breakfast of pastries, juice, and coffee.